Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Ten Best Films of 2005

While I have many more reviews to post, many of these very films, it is time. Links take you to the AMG site for the film if I wrote the review:

10. Walk the Line

9. The Aristocrats - The film that made me laugh harder than any else this year. A fine look at comedy and comedians. For the record, Steven Wright tells my favorite version of it. Sarah Silverman was the only one to make me cringe.

8. Syriana

7. No Direction Home

6. Broken Flowers

5. Capote - Bennet Miller's directorial debut reminds one of the best work by Jonathan Demme. Capote is patient, observant, and very humane - the difference being Demme has never taken on someone who acts so inhumanely as a protagonist.

4. Brokeback Mountain

3. The 40 Year-Old Virgin

2. Munich

1. Good Night, and Good Luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home