Wednesday, March 29, 2006

There Will Be Insider Information

Long time readers of the memo will remember that I have a friend who works in Hollywood and, on this site, goes by the code name Stan. Stan gave me a ring last night and it is my pleasure to report that it seems very likely he will be working in Texas on the shoot of Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood. It goes without saying I have never been more jealous of another human being in my life. To think I may be just 2 degrees away from the director who I firmly believe is the most talented filmmaker of my generation. Congratulations Stan. I said this for the first time in 1997 after seeing Hard Eight for the first time at The Michigan Theater in Ann Arbor. "I have seen the future of Amercian cinema, and its name is Paul Thomas Anderson." All I can add is that the future is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home