Friday, October 22, 2004

Setting the table

This movie weekend looked better a few weeks ago when Alfie was on the release schedule, but with the decision to move that up against The Incredibles (which seems like a good idea but I'm not sure you can counterprogram against that film) that leaves this weekend with a film that has been sitting on the shelf for almost a year (Surviving Christmas) and the American remake of a Japanese horror film starring someone who has never been in a good movie. Anybody who saw James Toback's Harvard Man had the misfortune of seeing the once and future Buffy give one of the worst performances in the history of film. Something tells me Shark Tale might just top the box office again.

Alas I might just spend the weekend listening to American Idiot non-stop. I hereby challenge anybody to come up with a lyric from this politically charged year with more social significance than, "Maybe I am the faggot America/ I'm not part of a redneck agenda."

Please leave a comment if you have a worthy rival. See that gauntlet laying there? I just threw it down.

Everybody have a safe and happy weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home