Tuesday, October 26, 2004

The Adventures of Stan Volume I

My dear friend Stan (a fake name, but everything else I tell you about him will be 100% true) works on film crews in Hollywood and has been credited on a variety of productions including 8 Mile and 21 Grams. He called me last night from his current gig which is the Showtime television series about the life of Richard Pryor. Eddie Griffin, Undercover Brother himself, is playing the comic, but Stan's story was about the people who came to visit the set during the shooting of the pilot episode. The former Gimme a Break co-star Jonathan Silverman is apparently still alive. Bob Sagat is as vulgar in real life as he is in his stand-up act. Stan says that Richard Pryor is not doing well, which I wish was more of a surprise. If you would like to help check this out. But easily the most exciting story was about Stan meeting the one and only Quentin Tarantino. Stan informed me that Quentin never shuts up. Ever. Not even while the camera is rolling. Pity the first assistant director whose job it was to yell at Tarantino to shut up on almost every take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home